If it’s your first time with a pet, you should learn how to groom it. Only bathing your pet isn’t enough, as its nails and ears need to be trimmed and cleaned. Now the question is, how often shall you clean them with dog ear cleaners? Well, there is no need to clean your dog’s ears on a daily or weekly basis. You can clean the ears after a month or so.
Choosing the best dog ear cleaners depends on the reason for cleaning. Either you want to clean the wax in your dog’s ears, or you want to prevent it from fungal infections. Choosing an ear cleaner for your dog depends on the nature of the cleaning.
You will find hundreds of dog ear cleaners in the market, but how will you know which one is the best dog ear cleaner? There is no need to worry about it as we have searched over the internet to find the best dog ear cleaners for your dog. It needs to eliminate the debris that causes ear infections in your dog.
If your dog is suffering badly from an ear infection, mainly otitis externa, then daily cleaning with the best dog ear cleaner will surely help your little paws get well in a few days. Choose the best dog ear cleaners from the list below and help your canine friend groom in weeks.
THE MOST REVIEWED DOG EAR CLEANERS
There is a list of the best ear cleaners used by several people around the globe.
ZYMOX Otic Ear Solution
This dog ear cleaner helps clean your pet’s ear canal with its blend of enzymes that naturally clean the ears. This solution is not intended to disinfect your dog’s ears as it is not an antibacterial formula. However, this cleaner helps kill bacteria like Escherichia coli, MRSA, Proteus mirabilis, and Pseudomonas aeruginosa
It is one of the best ear cleaners for dogs that :
- Soothes all kinds of inflammations, redness, and infections for pets of all ages.
- It helps ease the painful ear infections caused by fungus, bacteria, and yeast.
- The product is guaranteed.
- This ear cleaner for dogs is suitable for dogs of all ages.
- This ear cleaner for dogs helps in clearing all kinds of infections.
- Several reviewers have mentioned that it stops the infection from recurring.
- The enzyme in this ear cleaner is blended with 1%hydrocortisone to add comfort.
- This ear cleaner is effective against all the significant microorganisms present in the canine’s ear.
- There is no need to pre-clean the ears; all you need is to fill the canal with the solution and clean the area by itself.
- The LP3 enzyme system helps promote healthy ears by clearing ear secretions.
Specifications of these products are:
- Brand name: zymox
- Model: 1000
- Weight: 1.6ounces
How to use
Using this disinfectant for ears isn’t a difficult task to perform. All you need to do is:
- Apply the solution to the dirty area.
- Fill the whole canal with the solution.
- There is no need to pre-clean the ears.
- Gently massage over the infected area.
- Remove the excess by wiping it out.
- Treat the dog once a day for seven days.
- For post-treatment, don’t forget to flush the ears.
A 1.25fl oz solution is $21.99, while 4oz is $51.99.
- Best for infections
- Stop infections from recurring
Pet MD Dog Ear Cleaner Wipes
Sometimes there is no need to buy an ear cleaner wash for your dog. If there is no existent infection in its ear, then you can use a moistened cotton ball to clean its auditory canal. Using a Pet MD dog ear cleaner is good because it is suitable for all breeds above twelve weeks old.
Instead of using a liquid wash, you can use this best dog ear cleaner for your dog. It consists of aloe Vera that helps soothe the redness of the ears.
The key features of this cleaner are :
- An advanced dog ear cleaner helps clean, deodorize, and dry your dog’s ears.
- It prevents ear infections.
- It helps remove debris present in and outside the ear and reduces the wax.
- With alcohol-free and sting-free formula, this ear cleaner for dogs helps prevent common ear problems.
- It is a perfect ear cleaner for quick clean-ups and in-between baths.
- The Aloe Vera present in the formula helps to soothe the ears.
- The doggie ears remain fresh and scented with natural eucalyptus oil.
- It helps in gently removing the wax and infections.
- To maintain the natural acidity of the dog’s skin, it contains lactic acid.
- Using wipes is easier as compared to using liquid solutions.
Specifications of this product include:
- Brand: Pet MD
- Weight: 7.2 ounces
How to use
Using this ear cleaner for dogs isn’t tricky at all. Even if you are a newbie in pets, you can use it easily on your dog’s ears.
- Clean the ears before cleaning with the wipe
- Take a wipe and move it slowly inside and outside the ear.
- Don’t clean the ears daily.
- Avoid contact with eyes or nose.
- Suitable for all breeds and ages.
The price of this product is $11.40.
Very easy to use.
Clear all the infections and soothe the ears.
It isn’t as good as a liquid dog ear cleaner.
Vet Organics Eco-Ears Dog Ear Cleaner
The best dog ear cleaner suitable for dogs with sensitive skin or allergies. This formula is designed specifically for those who love to use natural products for themselves and their canine partners. Ear infections can be too painful, so save your dog from this pain and give it some relief with this ear cleaner. Help your dog get healthy and clean ears in just 7-10 days.
The key features of this dog ear cleaner are:
- This cleaner consists of five natural extracts, unlike other cleaners that consist of only one or two natural extracts.
- This natural dog ear cleaner helps fight against the common ear problems caused by too much wax, grime, and dirt buildup.
- This organic formula consists of no synthetic chemicals, pharmaceuticals, steroids, antibiotics, or solvents that might cause allergies.
- Eco-Ears might help your little friend against dirt, itching, irritation, discharge, or foul odor.
- Excess wax might cause irritation and redness in your dog’s ears. This organic dog ear cleaner might help you soothe the redness and irritation.
- It contains all-natural ingredients like tea tree oil, witch hazel, mullein leaf, rosemary extracts, and finger root.
- If you want something safe to use on your dog, then there is no better option in the market than this dog ear cleaner.
- Helps in treating chronic and acute odor, discharge, and itching.
- Prevents bacterial, fungal, or yeast infections.
- It comes with a 100% money-back guarantee.
The specifications of this product are:
- Brand: Vet Organics.
- Weight: 8.8 ounces.
How to use
This dog ear cleaner is best for dogs of all ages, and using it isn’t difficult.
- Fill up your dog’s ear canal with the solution.
- Next, massage the base of your friend’s ears.
- Finally, remove the access with a tissue.
- Wash it after some time.
The price of an 8 oz solution is $19.88.
Made up of natural formula, It is gentle on the skin.
It contains denatured alcohol.
BEXLEY LABS Curaseb Dog Ear Cleaner
You need to take care of your pet when it comes to its sensitive parts. So often, minor symptoms are taken for granted by us, leading to significant health issues and infections in our pets. Being a pet parent isn’t only having fun and playing with your pet. It is necessary to examine your dog’s ears every week for ear wax buildup, foul odors, and redness or swelling. Start using Curaseb to serve as a reliable antiseptic dog ear cleaner if you notice these symptoms.
The features of this product are:
- It helps treat ear mites, inflammation, redness, or yeast infections.
- It flushes away the wax easily that is collected in the form of debris in your dog’s ears.
- The Aloe Vera gently soothes and deodorizes your pet’s ears.
- For yeast, bacterial or fungal infections, this formula consists of ketoconazole and Tris-EDTA.
- You can apply this dog cleaner to other skin areas to cure acne, irritation, and scaly patches.
- The smell of the formula is sweet that freshens up your pet.
- It is free from any harmful chemicals that might damage your furry friend’s skin.
- It is a tested veterinary formula used for both dogs and puppies.
- It deodorizes the ears gently with its sweet fragrance.
- Protects the ears and cleans them, especially after baths or swimming.
- Brand: Bexley Labs
- Weight: 10.6ounces
How to use
- Fill the ear canal with the formula
- Rub the ears gently
- Use it after one week at least.
The price of this dog ear cleaner is $12.95.
- It gives a sweet odor.
- Free from any chemical.
Sometimes causes allergic reactions.
Virbac Epi-Otic Ear Cleaner
This dog ear cleaner can be considered an excellent ear flusher for dogs. It acts as a dead skin remover too. This formula is highly recommended as an antiseptic solution for your friend’s ears. This ear cleaner comes with anti-adhesive properties that don’t allow bacteria or other organisms to sit on your pet’s ears for long.
The key features of this particular product are as follows:
- It can be used as a routine or daily ear cleaner.
- This solution comes with a ph 2.2 that makes it anti-adhesive.
- It is designed to cure otitis externa or other inflammation in the outer ear.
- Being acidic, it neutralizes any susceptible organism.
- Its main ingredient is salicylic acid, whose quantity is 0.2% in each formula.
- It is made up of no natural ingredients but chemicals only.
- An alcohol-free cleanser that acts as a drying agent.
- It is a non-irritating solution that helps remove debris and wax.
- Brand: Virbac
- Model: 3108.
- Weight: 8 ounces.
How to use
All you need to do is:
- Clean the ear first
- Apply some amount of the dog ear cleaner of a cotton ball
- Gently rub it inside and oust your pet’s ears.
The price of this dog ear cleaner is $10.58.
Helps in treating chronic otitis externa.
Made with chemicals only.
VetWell Ear Cleaner For Dogs
A good dog ear cleaner is best for daily use. It is tender enough to be used daily. This formula helps clean the ears and remove mite and yeast infections. Now help your pet fight against stinky ears with this particular dog ear cleaner. This formula is for both cats and dogs of all ages.
The key features of this product are;
- The solution helps rinse the buildup of debris or wax in your little paw’s ears.
- Cleans the ears thoroughly and prevents further infections along with the ongoing one.
- Aloe Vera gel makes it a non-stinging formula.
- It won’t burn the ear canal and is mild to use.
- This dog ear cleanser relieves ear infections caused by growths, buildup, or itching.
- Cleans the ear leaving a sweet fragrance.
- It encourages and soothes the healing process.
- May reduce the chances of ear infections.
- It has a refreshing melon and cucumber scent that is moderate.
- It helps in controlling odors and discharge.
- Brand: VetWell
- Weight: 8ounces
The price of this best dog ear cleaner is $12.99.
- Contains no chemicals
- Aloe Vera helps mild infections.
A bit stingy.
Nutri-Vet Ear Cleanser For Dogs
This brand offers formulas that ensure well-being and health in pets. It is one of the top affordable dog ear cleaners. It contains a simple formula that helps treat dirt and wax buildup and helps prevent itching caused by fungal infections, eczema, or insect bites. It combines gentle and effective ingredients that clean the ears and deodorize them.
The key features of this dog ear cleaner are as follows.
- Aloe Vera is added to the formula that consists of protein, enzymes, and other growth factors to reduce inflammation.
- Deodorizes the ear canals and prevents itching caused by allergies.
- Controls itching caused by fungal infections, eczema, insect bites, fleas, etc.
- Salicylic acid is added to the product to help the outer skin shed more quickly.
- This is best for dogs of all ages.
- It cleanses as well as soothes the ears.
- Affordable price as compared to other dog ear cleaners.
- Made with premium ingredients.
- Brand: Nutri-vet
- Weight: 8 ounces
How to use
- Like any other dog ear cleaner, apply it to the ear canal and fill it.
- Clean the excess formula.
- Rub it smoothly under the dog’s ears.
The price of this product is $7.56.
- Safe to use on dogs of all ages
- Pocket friendly
you can use it daily.
Professional Pet Products AromaCare Ear Wipes
These wipes are similar in intended use, and formulation to the Pet MD wipes. It gives a refreshing scent along with cleaning the year of your canine friend against ear infections caused by fungus or yeast. The only difference between AromaCare and Pet MD wipes is that Pet MD is cheaper than AromaCare wipes.
The key features of this promising product are as follows:
- The wipes are disposable, so it is convenient to use them.
- These wipes are pre-soaked in Aloe Vera and eucalyptus oil to quickly clean and deodorize your furry friend.
- These wipes are pre-soaked, making them more accessible, faster, and less messy than the liquid ones you have to apply with cotton balls.
- These can be used daily to keep your little friend’s ears wax and debris-free.
- Regular use of these wipes will not let any infection disturb your friend’s peace and make him fresh and clean.
- It comes with lactic acid that helps clean the ears thoroughly.
- Aloe Vera helps in soothing the inflammation.
- The original USA-made product is made under veterinary supervision.
- These wipes are safest to use on puppies above eight months.
- Brand: PPP
- Weight: 8 ounces
How to use
Using this dog ear cleaner is easy:
- Clean the outer ear first.
- Clean the inner ear thoroughly with the wipe.
- Don’t rub the wipe, and just run it smoothly on the ears.
The price of this dog ear cleaner is $10.
- Easy to use.
- Aloe Vera helps in soothing the skin.
What are dog cleaners?
The solutions with anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, or anti-fungal properties are dog ear cleaners. Mostly you will find liquid ear cleaners, but new wipe cleaners have been introduced in the market for easy use. However, the newbies find it difficult to clean their dog ears with liquid ear cleaners, so they prefer wipes or foams that create less mess.
These cleaners are used to clean wax or debris that later causes infections in your pet’s ears. Dogs are prone to inflammation, especially those with long ears, as it is challenging to clean them thoroughly, so the chances of catching ear infections are higher in those dogs.
When is the right time to use ear cleaners?
Well, you can’t use an ear cleaner daily as it will make the skin dry. Using an ear cleaner once a week is enough for your dog. If your pet has been suffering from any chronic infection caused by mites or bacteria, then you should use ear cleaners daily to help it recover quickly.
Puppies or small dogs don’t need to be cleaned every week. For example, you can clean the ears of your puppy after two weeks instead of doing it every week. These cleaners contain chemicals that help prevent infections, but using these chemicals in excess might damage your canine friend’s skin.
How to select the best dog ear cleaner?
There are several dog ear cleaners in the market, but how can you choose the best one for your dog? well, first of all, you need to talk to your veterinarian as soon as you notice these symptoms in your dog:
- Foul smell
- Pawing at ears
- Irritation or redness
- Swelling inside the canal
- Any type of drainage
- Continuous head shaking
Your vet will surely recommend you the best dog ear cleaner. However, if you can’t take your dog out for some reason, then better order any product mentioned above according to your budget and your dog’s needs.
Is using an ear cleaner for yeast infection safe?
Well, using an ear cleaner for a yeast infection is safe. Yeast infections are just like bacterial infections that are cured with the help of dog ear cleaners. Ear cleaners can help prevent infections but keep in mind that oral treatment is way more effective in severe cases. In yeast infections, your dog might have the following symptoms:
- Trouble in balancing
- Yellow, brown, or bloody discharge
- Hair loss around ears
- Head tilting
- The unusual movement of eyes.
Is it safe to use ear cleaner for allergies?
Yes, using an ear cleaner for allergies is safe to use. The cleaners can clean the debris, wax, and pollen that might have caused the allergy. But in this case, try using an organic ear cleaner instead of a chemical one because it may increase the chances of reactions. The dog might show the following symptoms during an allergic problem:
- Coughing, sneezing
- Ear infections
- Runny nose
Is it safe to use ear cleaner for mites?
Again, the answer is yes; you can use an ear cleaner for mites. Your vet can suggest the best ear cleaner that you can use for mites. Dogs living with cats are more susceptible to getting mites than those living alone. Sometimes unhealthy conditions lead to mites attachment to the dog’s ears that are too minute to be seen with naked eyes. If your pet has mites in its ears, then he will show the following symptoms:
- Foul smell
- Scratching around head and ears
- Dark color discharge from ears
- Head shaking
Some people might suggest you create your dog ear cleaner. But don’t do that until you discuss it with your vet. People create their ear disinfectant using vinegar, but this will badly sting your dog. And if your friend got hurt in the first session, he would develop fear and will not come to you again for any kind of cleaning or grooming.
Grooming your dog is an essential part of a healthy lifestyle. First, you have to clean up your pet and enjoy a good time with it. Our duty as pet parents is to watch our pet’s health and well-being. Your dog can’t speak and tell you about his feelings or pain, but it’s your responsibility to notice the changes in it and help him get the medication as soon as possible. Praise your dogs every experience with cookies or the food of their choice so they might be comforted in their hard times.
Trim your dog’s nails, clean their ears and give them the healthy lifestyle that they deserve. Keep the check-ups per week at the start as the chances of getting infections are higher at a younger age. Give your dog a clean and healthy environment. Use these best dog ear cleaners for your dog and make him happy.
We’ve done our research to present all the data on dog ear cleaners – You need to purchase the best dog ear cleaners for your four-legged friend. The gentle formula cleans and soothes raw, irritated, itchy, and smelly dog ears.